Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Prime Directive Hairkerchief!

JoAnn Fabrics have come out with deliciously nerdy fabrics lately!
This was a hairkerchief I made to wrangle in my hair for the Star Trek: Into Darkness movie.

It was a rainy/humid day back in May, and my hair was especially big.
Some might say, it boldly poofed up as no hair has done before.


I also entered this in the Nerd Games.
45pt. May Textbook
---TextbookPrime Numbers  A prime number has only two divisors - 1 and itself. The first 25 prime numbers  are 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 37, 41, 43, 47, 53, 59, 61, 67, 71, 73, 79, 83, 89, and 97. Your challenge is to demonstrate prime numbers in a project.  Examples: prime number of yards or shapes (i.e. triangle).  NOTE: One is not a prime number!


The Prime Directive and  the hairkerchief  having 3 sides fit this promt to a T! 
(T is for Tiberius)
Probably my best attempt yet for bias tape! YAY!

The movie was rad, and something surprising happened as we took our seats.
As I don't like to block views behind me with my hair (ha!) even sporting my 
PDHK (prime directive hairkerchief),
I made a blanket apology to the older ladies sitting behind me.
One of them then shocked me when she asked out of the blue:
"Do you watch Doctor Who?"
With a sly smile, I said "Yes. Is it that obvious?) 
She then said my hair reminded her of River Song's if she inherited Amy Pond's red hair.
A bigger compliment couldn't have been paid! 
Thank you random lady!!!


Live Long and Prosper!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
You've made my day!!!