Saturday, October 5, 2013

Superman Skirt!

I was at the Thrift Store (surprise) and in the fabric/craft section (another surprise) when out of the corner of my eye I spied that tell tale combination of red, blue, and yellow.

Oh yes, it was superman fabric!!!
Not knowing at the time it was technically a quilt panel I thought "Oooo what a fun skirt this would make!".

I could also sneak it into the summer nerd games under the prompt of the "muscular" system.
---TextbookGuts & Glory!: Pick a particular system within your body (muscular, digestive, nervous, endocrine, reproductive, circulatory) and craft something inspired by it.



Up, up, and away!


Check out that black trim. 
It's actually lace I got from my friend Lisa...
(the picture here doesn't quite do it justice)
and the amount I got from her was a perfect length to add to the blue plaid underskirt!

Thanks again, Lisa!!!



Also, thanks to my photographer Melissa!
I can't very well take sassy pictures of myself, right?


2 comments:

  1. i love this skirt!! you did a super job sewing it up!
    (see what i did there?!?! super?!?! as in superman!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the skirt. I too buy quilting fabric with no quilt in mind. Such fun fabric.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
You've made my day!!!