Friday, November 30, 2012

Sherlock Apron Set!

Another Craftster Swap !
This time it was "Holmes for the Holidays".
I love BBC Sherlock and that was the theme, all Sherlockian wonderfulness was included actually...but I have a super soft spot for the BBC show.
 
My partner stated in her questionnaire she would like something wearable so I opted to do an apron/hot pad set.
(The hot pads will appearing in a post here soon. This post is all about the apron)
 
 

I mashed up about 4 different aprons I found on the Internet and for the basic shape made a freezer paper pattern of an apron I already had.

Oh, and guess what?
The apron is reversible!

First the Sherlock side:
I found this fabric at JoAnns. It was so reminiscent of Sherlock's apartment wallpaper I about squealed in the store!
 
The second side is Moriarty!
I loved the little pin dots on the black fabric. Subtle, yet stylish...like our Moriarty.




 
The pockets for each side I pulled off with my "go to" fabric markers.


 
 
The bottom skirt has box pleats and for not doing too many of those in my life, turned out pretty good.
 
I think Mrs. Hudson would be proud!
 



2 comments:

  1. mrs. hudson would be super impressed with your mad skills!

    if i was forced to choose, i'd have to say i like the sherlock side better... but only if i was *forced* to choose...

    -melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't want to mess with Mrs. Hudson. England would fall!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
You've made my day!!!