Monday, January 14, 2013

Lego Displays/Painted Spice Rack!

I'm sure I've mentioned my love for Lego.
I have a specific love for what is known as the Lego Minifig.
Sigh...

When you get to a certain number of things in any collection you need SOMETHING to display/store them on/in. I chose to paint some spice racks in an obscene color of yellow.

Here they are naked

After 1st coat of acrylic paint.

After 2nd coat...

Perhaps a primer coat would've been prudent?
I'm sure there's some primer around here somewhere.
Why is it I have to relearn this lesson over and over?

Sheesh!

Minifig Bride HATES painting 4-5 coats of anything!
grrrr.

3 comments:

  1. What a good idea!!!! I have a vast collection of minifigs too and they are all on a bookshelf. I shall have to go thrifting for some craptastic spice racks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still on the search for some really retro ones....because series 9 is coming out soon and I'm gonna need more space!

      Delete
  2. I plan to not only update you with the final product, but perhaps put on a parade in their honor as well!
    That bride is so lazy, she never wants to put the work into things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
You've made my day!!!