Monday, May 19, 2014

Zen Doodle for Belly Dancing Bravery!

So, this weekend I did something Brave.
I danced on stage...in front of people.
Belly Dancing.

I was pretty freaked out at the prospect,
I'd never taken a dance class in my life before last August.
Now I was going to do it.

I needed a token of the things that make me feel strong.

So I decided I could make a wrist band and zen doodle on it.
1. I found it DID give me strength
2. It kept my mind occupied in the hours 
leading up to dress rehersal.


                           

I had the kids write their names and draw something that made 
them feel strong.
Morgan: MineCraft TNT
Will: A Football.

Then I drew my little strong pictures:
Honey Badger "I do what I want!"
The Hulk Symbol "Hulk SMASH!"

Lee was still at work, so I wrote his name in as well.


After that I Zen Doodled all around the aforementioned things.

The show went SO well!
I'm so glad I finally took the plunge and took a class.
I've met some super nice people and really stretched my limits.
Belly Dancing was and is all about breaking out of 
a rut for me. I LOVE it!
I love the outfits, the way I've used my muscles, the people....

My super good friend, Melissa, was the one who talked me into it 
and I'm so grateful she did.
THANKS MELISSA!!!!

1 comment:

  1. no blair, THANK YOU for coming with me, i never would have been brave enough to do it on my own!
    you rocked the show and you rock every single week in class!!!
    i loved your armband, and your costumes, and your kickass shimmy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
You've made my day!!!