Friday, November 22, 2013

Harry Potter Schoolbook Papercuttings!

Papercuttings are fun and lend themselves well to 
recreating Hogwarts Schoolbook Covers!


I did these for my swap partner who's favorite store in 
the Potter'verse is Flourish and Blotts.


Hogwarts: A History
Please forgive my glare. 
I haven't quite mastered the whole photography thing.


I used pretty cardstock scrapbook paper, an X-acto Knife, 
and a printer to accomplish these.

The trick is to print the image you want on the back of the paper in reverse.
Cut from the back.


The Tales of Beedle the Bard.


What I need to "Improve" on for papercutting is the little holes...
like for inside the "B", "D", and "R".


The 3rd one is me getting a little cheeky...
You've been warned.


The Invisible Book of Invisibility!!!


Papercutting so very zen for me.
I love the focus it requires.
My mind really shouldn't be hectic and cluttered 
when wielding something pointy and sharp!!!




1 comment:

  1. these are fantastic!! seriously, i love them!
    when i write a book you are hired to make the cover!!!

    the invisible book is my favorite. i have a copy of that somewhere... i just can't find it right now... ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
You've made my day!!!