Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pandorica Opens Scarf!

One of my obsessions is Doctor Who.
Another is Crafty Swaps on craftster.org
Yet another is knitting.

Here's what happily happened when these obsessions collided...

 
I don't think Van Gogh's masterpiece has been attempted in knit form so I had to give it a whirl.

 
The flames are knit with 2 strands of sock yarn in i-cord, then tacked on with a basic sewing thread.

 
I knitted this scarf for Strawberryh in the Surprise Swap on craftster and I didn't want it to go...
But we do what we must and need to as faithful Whovians.
 
The pattern is from The Spiral Staircase Scarf on Ravelry.com rav link and was superfun and quick to make. I'll definately be knitting more of these scarves (not necessarily Doctor-centric) up!!!
 


4 comments:

  1. This is so ridiculously gorgeous. Lucky partner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kat! I hope all is going well with you lately, I thought of you when I snatched up the dvd for HG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this.
    it is amazing
    -melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!
You've made my day!!!